Thursday, May 10, 2007

IT IS FINISHED!

Ok, ok.. Enough drama.. I just finished the last day of my contract today and I'm really really happy and relieved.

I'm having a really bad flu right now. Again. My eyes are watering and my nose is like a running tap(maybe I exaggerate). Yea, but anyway, I'm quite thankful I didn't get sick halfway through the contract. Last day, yeah, whatever. Woohoo!
It's been a looooooong day and I think I truly deserve this rest. :))

Special thanks to Andre, KC, and my Baby Eileen for specially taking time off, and coming down to visit me during my dinner breaks. Thanks a million ka-zillion. :))

I've learnt quite a few things from working at Hang Ten.
1. My spoken Mandrin improved quite a lot. (Or so at least I think)
2. Articulate your words loud and clear. It shows you are confident.
3. Don't be afraid if you don't know how to phrase your sentence right. Just whack la.
4. NEVER get involved with company politics.
5. You can't choose your customers, and you can't choose your boss.
6. If you have your rights, and you're being pushed too far, demand for your rights!
7. Always talk nicely to sales staff, especially in the evenings. They've gone through enough irritating customers for one day. (Imagine having to fold all the clothes the customers make a mess out of, and on top of that, attending to a few demanding "Ah Soh's" at a time. You'll go nuts.)
8. ALWAYS (if possible) research on the staff welfare of the company before joining it. (Especially the big ones. Small company a bit hard to look up la.)
9. Not everyone is so privileged to get a temporary job just to make EXTRA cash. Some people are quite hard up. Really hard up. Be thankful and treasure what you have. (They barely make ends meet. Better start counting my blessings.)
10. Look at your current responsibilities before taking up one more.

That's about all I can think of right now. But I know one thing. I am never ever working on a contract basis with HT ever again.

I'm simply exhausted right now, but I missed using the computer so much, I can't stop.

Now that I've completed my contract, there's so much more things for me to do again.
-Training to prepare myself for NS next year.
-Not to hide anymore, but take up the responsibility I have for the preparation of the E-campaign.
-Study for Commerce and English for the end of year O levels. Again.
-Study for Diploma.
-Spend time with friends and family.
......and the list goes on.
But I guess to sum it all up, I need to prioritize and I need good time management. Too many things, too little time.

Yes, yes, yes! Gonna watch 'Spiderman 3' tomorrow! It was sweet of Eileen to wait till after my contract, so we could watch it together. Thanks Baby! :))

As promised, pictures are up. Sorry if it's a little late. :P









I really should get sleep right now. Dreamland is waiting, and my body is just crying out for rest. Signing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home